Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My parents deserve a lot of thanks!

The first sentence of this blog was going to be, "Parents are one of the most wonderful blessings of all," however, I can only say that for me. Being a teacher, I've seen countless kids who are simply thrown away or ignored by their parents. They are not cherished.

My parents have always cherished me; I wish I could say the same. There were times when I did not understand nor comprehend their worth. I don't think I truly got a grasp of it until I became an educator and then a mother.

I don't think I give my parents enough credit. From the age of 4, they basically had to put aside me whatever they wanted to do to run  me around. Dance, gymnastics, AWANA, church, softball, basketball, cheerleading, volleyball, etc. not only took up all of my time, but their time as well.

I would hate to see the amount of money they spent. They provided me with all the necessities and more: toys, tuitions, uniforms, costumes, equipment, etc. They purchased my first car and paid it off. They paid my car insurance through college. What money I still owed to the college after financial aid and scholarships, they paid.

When I first started having panic attacks, when Jeremy couldn't be there, they were.

When we moved back from Church Hill, they pretty much gave us a double-wide.

When I had Chloe, they were there everyday. They still are. Basically every day, they watch her. No matter when I call for them to watch her, they accept the offer. They have bought her diapers, clothes, toys, a Nook, etc. When Jeremy can't make it to Pound to get her to gymnastics, they make sure they get her to me in Wise.

When I was laid off and was sad about not being able to get her a swing set, they bought her the one I picked out.

And just the other day, Mom was perusing online and noticed GAP (my favorite clothing store) was having a sale, and she told me to pick out some clothes to order.

Another thing worth mentioning, pertaining more to Mom than Dad, is my that my mother knows that I am not a smoker. Since Chloe has been born, I have not seen my mother smoke inside her own house. I don't care if it is 20 degrees below zero outside. She also does not smoke in the car when Chloe is in there!

SELFLESS.

I hope that is the type of parent I am. I wish more kids could be as lucky as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment