Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I remember...

I remember I was excited to miss first block because I had an orthodontist appointment.
I remember that no radio station seemed to be playing music.
I remember arguing with Mom because I wanted to listen to music and she wanted to hear the news. I didn't understand what was going on.
I remember finding out once I got to school.

I remember the patriotism that emerged.
I remember that party lines vanished and America was united once again.
I remember the feeling of pride in my country.

I remember what life was like before 9/11.
There was no worry.
There was no terror.
America was safe.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Americans as we were all affected by this tragedy, but they go especially to those who were there, who helped, who witnessed the devastation.

I remember.

We remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment