Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Room for My Thoughts

     I finally did it. I created this blog. Since my completion of the Summer Institute of the Appalachian Writing Project, I realize just how much I need to write. Writing is therapeutic. I think back to the writing I have done in my life, specifically when Livejournal was so popular, and I'm happy to have had that online journal because it began my love of blogging. I now ask myself why I waited to so long to blog once again.

     One thing that does amuse me is how long it took me to title my blog. I debated for at least two weeks. Then, I finally decided that my blog should be titled happinessisachoice. After all the debate (within my head), I began to create the blog and my title has already been taken! So I went with one of my many other choices... thesmallestsprout which hails from a Walt Whitman quote which I will leave you with:

The smallest sprout shows there is really no death;
And if ever there was, it led forward life, and does not wait at the end to arrest it,
And ceas’d the moment life appear’d.

All goes onward and outward—nothing collapses;
And to die is different from what any one supposed, and luckier.

No comments:

Post a Comment